Cranberry and ricotta stuffed chicken breasts
Skill level: Bit of effort
Transform an ordinary chicken breast with this delicious mix of cranberries and ricotta stuffing. Chicken breasts are always a great option for a nutritious, healthy and filling dinner, but sometimes they can get boring pretty quickly. The best way to upgrade them into a fun and delicious meal without much effort in the kitchen? Stuff them with your favourite filling. This stuffed chicken breast recipe uses sweet cranberry and creamy ricotta to transform simple chicken breasts into a heavenly meal that will impress your family and friends. To make this easy dish, you'll need around 50 mins, but only 25 mins to prep it. This recipe serves 4 people, so it's ideal if you're having an intimate dinner with friends. If you need to feed more people, you can easily multiply the ingredient quantities to make more. This recipe also uses bacon to give even more flavour to the chicken breasts, so make sure you serve it with a light side, like a green salad or roasted vegetables. This lovely recipe would make a great dinner party dish with roasties on the side.
IngredientsTo make this stuffed chicken breast recipe:
- 175g/6oz ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped thyme leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 125g/4oz luxury fruit and nut selection, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 4 chicken breasts
- 16 rashers un-smoked streaky bacon
- 2 tbsp runny honey
Toss chunks of red, orange and yellow peppers with olive oil, salt and pepper and asparagus spears and roast alongside the chicken for a delicious addition to the meat.
- To make this chicken breast recipe, mix together the ricotta cheese, thyme, garlic, fruit and nut selection and cranberry sauce and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place a chicken breast on one half of a piece of cling film, fold over the cling film to cover the meat and bash with a rolling pin to flatten. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts. Preheat the oven to 200*C/fan oven 180*C/Gas mark 6.
- Lay four rashers of streaky bacon side by side on a piece of cling film and cover with the chicken breast. Place a spoonful of filling into the centre. Fold in the two edges and then roll up to enclose the filling. Wrap tightly in foil and place on a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining bacon, chicken and filling to give four parcels. Cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the foil and place back on the baking sheet, drizzle with honey and return to the oven for 10 minutes until browned. Serve sliced with roasted vegetables.