Easy rainbow cupcakes
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
This easy rainbow cupcakes recipe is so simple to make and takes only 25 mins to make and bake. Get a little creative with your cupcake making skills by whipping up these amazing rainbow cupcakes. Follow this simple recipe to see how it's done - they're not as hard as they look! This recipe makes 16 rainbow cupcakes in total and is perfect for making with kids or for kids parties as this recipe uses ready made cake mixture saving you plenty of time. Select your favourite rainbow colours including red, green and yellow. You could also try other colours too like pastel colours including lemon, lime or baby pink. These cupcakes would also make a great food gift for loved ones. Pop into a cupcake box or cellophane bag and tie with a ribbon.
Make your cupcakes from scratch with our basic cupcake recipe
- White cake mix (we used an 18¼-ounce box)
- Food coloring (red, blue, green, and yellow)
- Cupcake cases
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Purple = 9 red and 6 blue drops
- Blue = 12 drops blue
- Green = 12 drops green
- Yellow = 12 drops yellow
- Orange = 12 yellow and 4 red drops
- Red = 18 drops red
- To make this cupcake recipe, prepare your favorite white cake mix, then divide the batter evenly among six small bowls. Dye each bowl of batter a rainbow color (with specific amounts of food colouring drops).
- Line 16 a muffin tray with cupcake cases.. Evenly distribute the purple batter among the cups, then the blue, and so on, following the order shown. As you go, gently spread each layer of batter with the back of a spoon to cover the color underneath.
- Bake the cupcakes according to your recipe directions. Before serving, remove the paper wrapping, and if you like, top each cupcake with a whipped-cream cloud.
Or to make your own rainbow cupcakes from scratch, use Victoria Threader's rainbow cupcake recipe.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.