Easter duck and rabbit cupcakes
Cooking time:Plus 5 minutes for cooling
Total time:(including cooling time)
Skill level: Easy peasy
The kids will love making goodtoknow user Lily's great Easter treats and they'll also love eating them! Plus you can make whatever animals you want
IngredientsFor this Easter recipe you will need:
- 4oz self raising flour
- 4oz caster sugar
- 4oz butter
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- 7 large/medium size marshmallows
- 8 mini marshmallows
- 2 pink jelly beans
- 1 orange and 1 pink Fruitella sweet
- 16 mini chocolate beans
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 10 tbsp caster sugar
- Yellow, blue and pink food colouring
- 5oz icing sugar
These cupcakes are best eaten on the day they're made.
- Cut 2 of the large marshmallows in 1/2 diagonally for the duck tails, take another 2 large marshmallows and cut them into a ball shape for the duck heads and then set aside
- Take 4 tbsp of the caster sugar and rub in a few drops of blue colouring until you get the colour you like, set aside, do the same with the yellow colouring and with the pink use 2 tbsp of caster sugar. Make up enough icing to cover the ducks tails and heads.
- Using a cocktail stick coat the tails and heads all over with the icing let the excess icing run off. Carefully roll the duck tails in the yellow sugar until it is coated all over, leave to the side to dry, do the same with the remaining tails and heads.
- Take the remaining 3 large marshmallows and cut each 1 into 3 pieces for the rabbits ears, take 1 of the ears and pat it sticky side down in the pink sugar until it is coated, do the same for all the ears and set aside.
- Take your orange Fruitella and soften it in you hand, roll it out and cut 2 set of feet and 2 beaks for the ducks, roll out the pink Fruitella and cut 4 sets of rabbit whiskers, set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160oc (fan), line your tray with your cases.
- Beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy, continue beating and gradually add the egg until all is combined.
- Add the vanilla and sift in the flour, mix until all is fully combined. Divide between the cases and bake for 20 mins set aside to cool.
For the ducks:
- Make up enough icing (thickish) to coat the cupcakes, take 4 of the cupcakes and coat with the icing, let it set for a few seconds then pat them in the blue sugar until it is fully covered.
- Take 2 of your duck tails from earlier and put a little icing on the underside of the mallow and carefully set it on the cupcakes
- Put the duck feet just under the marshmallow at the back. Do the same method for the duck heads and tails on the other 2 cupcakes decorate the face with the beaks and chocolate beans.
For the rabbits:
- Cover the remaining cupcakes with icing and coat with the coconut.
- Decorate the cupcakes using the rabbit ears from earlier, chocolate beans for the eyes, 1/2 a jelly bean and 2 mini marshmallows for the nose, and the Fruitella whiskers.