Salmon with sticky chilli sauce
Skill level: Easy peasy
Salmon is packed with exceptional nutritional value and tastes fantastic covered in a sweet chilli sauce - serve with rice and a salad for a fresh and healthy meal
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 4tbsp chilli dipping sauce
- 2tsp kaffir lime leaves
- 3tbsp stir fry soy sauce
- 1tsp rice bran oil
- 4 x 200g (7oz) salmon fillets, skin on
- 4tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- Shredded spring onions
Serve the fish with Thai sticky rice, garnished with freshly chopped coriander and spring onions.
- In a small bowl, mix together the fish sauce, chilli dipping sauce, kaffir lime leaves and soy sauce.
- Heat the oil in large frying pan until hot, add the salmon and cook skin side down for 4-5 minutes until the skin is crispy and the bottom of the fish turns opaque, turn over and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Wipe out the pan to remove excess oil, return the fish to the pan, skin side up then pour over the sauce ingredients.
- Cook over a low-medium heat, spooning the sauce over the fish for a further 1- 2 minutes, until the sauce is sticky and the fish cooked through.