Goat's cheese tomato and red pepper tarts
- 2 x 230g sheets ready-rolled puff pastry
- 150g pack smooth mild goat’s cheese, sliced into 12 (we used Coeur de Lyon la Buche)
- 190g jar flame-roasted peppers, drained
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and sliced
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tbsp tiny basil leaves
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 2 baking sheets lined with baking parchment
- 7.5cm (3in) and 6cm (21/2in) heart-shaped cutters
Make your own heart-shaped templates out of card. Put on to the pastry and the pepper and cut around edges with a sharp knife.
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C. Spread the pastry sheets out on a lightly floured surface and stamp out 12 pastry hearts with the larger cutter. Press the smaller cutter in the centre of the pastry lightly to mark a frame. Lightly score these edges.
- Put a slice of goat’s cheese on each pastry heart. Cut open the peppers flat on a chopping board. Use the smaller heart-shaped cutter to stamp out 10 shapes; fit these in the pastry hearts. Cut up the pepper trimmings and put on top of the other 2 pastry hearts.
- Top each one with a sliver of garlic, a slice of tomato and a couple of basil leaves. Season and drizzle with the oil. Brush the pastry edges with egg, to glaze. Bake for 15-20 mins, until golden brown and bases crisp. Serve warm or cold.
Looking for food gifts? We've got plenty more to choose from!
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 212(kcal)
- Fat 15.0g
- Saturates 7.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.