Salmon roulade on a rocket and caper berry salad
- 300g (10oz) smoked salmon, in long strips
- 110g pack wild rocket leaves, washed
- 18 caper berries, with stalks
- 3 tbs vinaigrette
- 230g tub good taramasalata (we like the M&S one)
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest and a squeeze of juice
- 1-2 tsp chopped fresh dill or parsley leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
Other types of smoked fish can be used instead of salmon
- For the filling: Mix all the filling ingredients together.
- Lay a length of cling film just longer and wider than a slice of salmon, on the work surface. Put a slice of salmon on top. If slices are narrow, butt 2 together to make strips at least 10-13cm (4-5in) wide. Spread with a thin layer of filling. Roll it up from a short end, using the film as a guide. Push film around the roll to neaten and tighten it. Twist the ends to make into a sausage shape. Repeat with rest of salmon and filling. Freeze for at least 2 hrs (or up to a week).
- For serving: Take the roulades out of the freezer. Leave for 10-20 mins, slice them into rounds (at least 30) while still frozen. Put slices on a tray; they will thaw in 10 mins. Arrange the rocket and caper berries on 6 plates. Add the rounds of roulade. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 300(kcal)
- Fat 26.0g
- Saturates 2.6g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.