Cappuccino sponge cakes
- 2tbsp coffee granules
- 125g (4oz) butter, softened
- 150g (5oz) soft light brown sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 175g (6oz) self-raising flour
- 4tbsp cocoa powder
- ½tsp bicarbonateof soda
- 200ml (7fl oz) double cream
- 1-2tbsp icing sugar
- 6 dariole tins, buttered and floured, and based-lined with Bakewell paper
These can be served just warm as puds.
- Set the oven to gas mark 4 or 180°C. Put the coffee granules in a small bowl and add 6tbsp boiling water. Set aside. Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then sift in the flour, cocoa and bicarbonate of soda. Add the coffee and mix until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the tins, put them on a baking tray and bake for 25-30 mins until risen and just firm. Cool in the tins for 15 mins, then turn them out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To serve: Whip the cream with the icing sugar until softly holding its shape. Spoon cream on to each cake and dust with cocoa.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 547(kcal)
- Fat 37.0g
- Saturates 22.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.