Roast butternut and feta tartlets
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- About 600g (1¼lb) peeled and diced squash
- 375g sheet ready-rolled puff pastry (we used Dorset Pastry sheets measuring 36 x 24cm)
- 150g (5oz) feta cheese
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, optional
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 baking trays, one lined with Teflon sheet
Leave the chilli out if you don't fancy it a bit spicy.
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C. Heat a baking tray with 1 tbsp oil on it. When hot, add the diced squash and roast for 30 mins, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Meanwhile, cut the pastry into 6 equal pieces. Put them on the Teflon-lined baking sheet. Mark a thin border around each one. Chill for 30 mins.
- Divide the cooked squash between the pastry squares, inside the border. Crumble cheese over, sprinkle with chilli, if using, and thyme. Season and drizzle with the rest of the oil. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Serve hot, with a few leaves.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 381(kcal)
- Fat 25.0g
- Saturates 11.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.