Blueberry frangipane tart
- 250g (8oz) ready-made sweet shortcrust pastry (from a 375g pack)
- 100g (3½oz) butter, softened
- 100g (3½oz) caster sugar
- 100g (3½oz) ground almonds
- 60g (2oz) plain flour
- 3 medium eggs
- 300g (10oz) fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsps redcurrant jelly
- 2 tbsps brandy, optional
Make your own pastry with our easy shortcrust pastry recipe
- Roll out the pastry fairly thinly to line the base and sides of the tin. Chill the pastry case while you make the filling.
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 4 or 180°C. Put a baking sheet in to heat up.
- To make the filling: Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl, then beat in the almonds, flour, eggs and 2 tbsps warm water. Spoon into the pastry case, smooth top then put blueberries on, pressing them down a little.
- Put on the hot baking sheet and bake for 1 hour near the bottom of the oven, then half an hour, above the centre.
- Cool for 10 mins, then take out of the tin. Heat the jelly and brandy (or water) and brush over the tart to glaze.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 300(kcal)
- Fat 19.0g
- Saturates 7.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.