Ice cream cone cupcakes
Prep time:(including decorating)
Skill level: Bit of effort
Costs: Cheap as chips
Can't decide between an ice cream or a cupcake? Have both! These ice cream cone cupcakes make the perfect summer treat and are bound to impress. This recipe uses a classic vanilla cupcakes sponge and is topped with a light and easy to make vanilla buttercream. If you'd like to give your recipe a twist we'd recommend using our chocolate cupcakes recipe for the sponge and you could even try whipped cream as the topping or if you'd rather buttercream, how about chocolate buttercream! Don't forget to add a Flake, sauce and some sprinkles too. This recipe makes 12 ice cream cone cupckaes and will take around 1hr and 10 mins to make in total.
IngredientsFor the cupcakes
- 12 wafer cup cornets
- 125g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 125g golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100g self-raising flour
- 30g cocoa
- 5tbsp milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 150g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 180g tub cream cheese
- 400g icing sugar
- Pink paste food colouring
- 6 Flakes, halved
- 12-hole mini muffin tin
- Ice-cream scoop
- Plastic piping bag, fitted with a large star nozzle
To make it easier to fill the cornets, put the cake mixture into a disposable piping bag and snip off the end. Then pipe the mixture evenly into each cornet.
- Heat the oven to 190įC. Stand cornets in the tinís holes.
- Put the butter and sugar into a large mixed are cream until light and fluffy. Incorporate the eggs slowly. Sieve the flour, cocoa and add in with the milk and vanilla. Beat together until combined. Using an ice-cream scoop, divide the mixture between the cornets. Bake for 20 mins. Cool cone cakes completely.
- Make the frosting by putting the butter, cream cheese and 200g icing sugar into a bowl and beat together until smooth. Be careful not to spray icing sugar all over your kitchen by either place a tea towel over the bowl or partly incorporate it by hand first. Add the rest of the icing sugar and beat until smooth.
- Spoon half of the frosting into another bowl, add a couple of drops of pink food colouring and mix together until evenly coloured.
- Spoon the pink cream cheese frosting into one side of a piping bag, then the vanilla into the other. Pipe a large swirl on the top of each cake. Push in a chocolate flake.