- 100g (3½oz) butter, softened
- 125g (4oz) light muscovado sugar
- Yolk from 1 med egg
- 125g (4oz) plain flour
- 30g (1oz) cocoa powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g bar dark chocolate (50-70% cocoa solids), roughly chopped
- 60g (2oz) pecan nuts, chopped
- 2 baking sheets, lined with Teflon sheet
You can use other chopped nuts for this recipe
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolk, then sift in the flour, cocoa and bicarbonate of soda and mix well. Cool for 5 mins.
- Add the chopped chocolate and nuts. Chill the mixture while the oven heats up to Gas Mark 5 or 190°C.
- Divide the mixture into 10 and roll each portion into a ball. Arrange, spaced apart on the baking sheets and then press them to flatten them to about 1.5cm (½in) thick. Bake for 10-12 mins until risen and cracked but still a bit soft and gooey.
- Cool for 5 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 270(kcal)
- Fat 17.0g
- Saturates 8.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.