Slimming World's grilled mackerel with chilli and watercress salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Spice up mackerel with this tasty chilli and zesty recipe - perfect for al fresco dinning in the summer, plus it's ready in just 20 minutes
- 1tsp crushed black peppercorns
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 1tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 4 oranges
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 8 x 150g mackerel fillets (not smoked)
- 2tbsp chopped coriander
- 110g watercress
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
Mackerel is packed with brain-boosting omega-3 fatty acids, selenium and vitamin B12.
- Preheat the grill to high. Mix the black peppercorns, ground coriander and lemon zest together in a bowl. Grate the zest from half an orange and stir into the coriander mixture with half the chopped red chilli.
- Lightly cut the skin of the mackerel and press the mixture onto the fish. Place the mackerel on a grill rack and grill, skin-side up, for 5 minutes or until crisp and cooked through. Sprinkle with the chopped coriander.
- Meanwhile, segment the oranges. First slice the top and bottom off each orange, then cut away the peel and any white pith using a small, sharp knife. Cut down either side of each segment to release it.
- Divide the watercress between four plates and scatter with the orange segments, sliced red onion and remaining chilli. Top with the grilled mackerel and serve immediately.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website