Slimming World's asparagus frittata and wedges
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Make this delicious recipe when asparagus is in season as it's cheaper - perfect for a main meal or a light bite and it's ready in just half an hour
- 6 large baking potatoes, cut into thick wedges
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 400g asparagus spears
- 6 large eggs
- 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2tbsp chopped chives
- 1tbsp chopped oregano leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Passata with onion and garlic, to serve
This great British vegetable is super healthy and has lots of uses - see our 10 ways with asparagus gallery here
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the potato wedges. Boil for 4-5 minutes. Drain in a colander, and leave to dry for 10 minutes.
- Return the wedges to the dry saucepan, cover with a lid and shake to ‘rough-up’ the edges – doing this will help make the wedges really crispy.
- Place the wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment. Spray with low calorie cooking spray and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, snap the asparagus and discard the woody ends. Lay the spears flat in a wide pan of simmering lightly salted water, or steam over boiling water, and remove after 4-5 minutes when tender but still bright green. Drain and cool under running water.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl, add the asparagus, half of the grated Parmesan, the chives and oregano. Season and stir well.
- Spray a 25cm lidded non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray. Pour in the egg mixture and cook gently for 3 minutes, drawing back the edges with the tip of a knife and tipping the runny egg over the edges to help it set.
- Cover the pan and leave over a gentle heat for 5 minutes or until set on top. Slide on to a serving plate, scatter with the remaining Parmesan, and cut into wedges.
- Serve immediately with the wedges and a bowl of passata.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website