Slimming World's turkey, lemon and bay leaf skewers
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Turkey is a tasty and healthy alternative to chicken or beef skewers plus these zesty skewers are perfect for BBQs as they take only five minutes to prepare
- 24 bay leaves
- 2 unwaxed lemons, cut into 24 small wedges
- 600g skinless turkey breast steaks, cut into 24 bite-sized pieces
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1tbsp dried parsley
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 2tsp garlic salt
- 1tsp dried red chilli flakes
- A mixed salad, to serve
If you want to add a few more flavours to the skewers try using mushrooms, cauliflower and peppers, you can also add paprika for a hint of spice!
- Preheat the grill to medium-high and line the grill pan with foil.
- On a metal skewer place one bay leaf, one lemon wedge and one turkey piece and repeat. Divide the remaining bay leaves, lemon wedges and turkey pieces between another seven skewers.
- Place all eight skewers on the prepared grill rack.
- Mix the lemon juice, dried parsley, oregano, garlic salt and red chilli flakes together. Brush this mixture over the skewers and place them under the grill, about 14cm from the grill source, for 3-5 minutes.
- Turn the skewers, brush with more of the lemon mixture and grill for another 3-5 minutes or until the turkey is cooked through.
- Serve the turkey skewers warm or at room temperature with a mixed salad.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website