Chocolate buttons slice
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These little treats are topped with chocolate buttons covered in sprinkles (aka jazzies). A really easy tray bake that's perfect for kids' parties or making with the kids on a rainy day
- 185g butter, softened
- 220g chocolate hazelnut spread
- 75g firmly packed light brown sugar
- 250g plain (all-purpose) flour
- 200g freckles (chocolate discs covered with hundreds and thousands, also known as jazzies)
You can buy freckles or chocolate jazzies (chocolate discs covered in hundreds and thousands) from most supermarkets and sweet shops
- Preheat oven to 160ºC/325ºF. Grease 20cm x 30cm (8-inch x 12-inch) rectangular pan; line base and long sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm (2 inches) over sides.
- Beat butter, spread and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until combined. Stir in sifted flour, in two batches.
- Press dough into pan; smooth surface with spatula.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven; working quickly, press freckles (jazzies) firmly onto slice in rows about 2cm (¾ inch) apart.
- Cool slice in pan before cutting.