Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Forget buying them in the shops, this quick and easy homemade recipe makes 24 delicious jammy treats perfect any time of the day!
- 125g butter, softened
- ½tsp vanilla extract
- 110g caster (superfine) sugar
- 120g ground almonds
- 1 egg
- 150g plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 110g raspberry jam
- 2tbsp apricot jam
Jam drops will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Line oven trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter, extract, sugar and ground almonds in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg; stir in sifted flour.
- Divide rind between both jams; mix well.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls; place about 5cm (2 inches) apart on trays, flatten slightly. Using end of a wooden spoon, press a flower shape, about 1cm (½ inch) deep, into dough. Fill each hole with a little jam, using raspberry jam for petals of flowers and apricot jam for centres.
- Bake drops about 15 minutes. Cool on trays.