Tomato seafood risotto
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Spruce up your standard risotto recipe just by adding a few simple ingredients. Your family will love the different flavours that Bolognese sauce and seafood bring to the meal.
- 1 750g jar Bolognese sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 225g risotto rice
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 100ml dry white wine
- 150ml fish stock
- 1 x 375g packet mixed seafood, defrosted (if frozen) and drained well
- 200g pollock, skinned and diced
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- To garnish: Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
Learn how to make your own Bolognese sauce with one of our easy spaghetti Bolognese recipes
- In a heavy pan heat the oil and sauté the onions over a low heat for 4-5 mins or until softened but not browned. Add the garlic and cook for a further 1 min.
- Stir in the rice, stirring continuously until it is well coated with the oil.
- In a separate pan heat up the Bolognese sauce, tomato purée, wine, stock and heat thoroughly.
- Add 150ml of the warmed tomato mixture to the rice, stirring constantly until the liquid is absorbed by the rice. Continue to add the rest of the sauce, ladle by ladle, until all the sauce is added and the risotto has a creamy texture. This will take about 15 mins.
- Add the seafood and diced pollock and cook for a further 5-6 mins or until cooked through. Season to taste and stir in the tarragon. Serve hot, garnished with fresh flat leaf parsley.