Tomato and chorizo pasta bake
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
A tomato pasta bake recipe is always a handy one to have up your sleeve. This bake includes spicy chorizo and sun-dried tomatoes for an extra rich flavour.
- 1 750g jar Bolognese sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 350g chorizo sausage, sliced or diced
- 12 pitted black olives
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 6 tbsp dry white wine
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped oregano
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 400g rigatoni or penne pasta
- 1 x 150g packet mozzarella cheese, drained and diced finely
- 40g fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- To garnish: Freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
If you want your pasta bake extra meaty you can add a bit of cooked chicken
- Heat the oil in a frying pan adding the chorizo and fry for 4-5 minutes on a medium heat or until cooked through and lightly crispy.
- Stir in the olives, sun-dried tomatoes, white wine and Bolognese sauce - season to taste. Cook the sauce for about 15 mins or until thick.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta as directed on the packet until al dente. Drain the pasta well and stir into the tomato sauce.
- Preheat your grill. Spoon the mixture into a heat-proof dish. Sprinkle over the cheese and grill until golden brown and piping hot. Garnish with freshly chopped flat leaf parsley.