Mini potato and pepper frittata
- 3 large potatoes, unpeeled
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 6 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Handful of wild rocket, to serve (optional)
- 6 x 10cm (4in) Yorkshire pudding tins, greased and base-lined with baking parchment
Haven’t got Yorkshire pudding tins? Use muffin tins instead and make ten smaller frittatas. Cook for 12-15 mins.
- Pierce the potatoes several times with a fork, then microwave on High for 10 mins.
- Set the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Peel away the potato skin and cut the potatoes into 1cm (½in) cubes. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry onions for a few mins to soften, then add the potatoes, cook for 5 mins without stirring, to brown them. Add the red pepper to the pan and cook over a medium heat for 5 more mins.
- Break eggs into a bowl and beat lightly with a fork. Season well. Divide potato and onion mixture between tins, then carefully pour in the beaten egg.
- Bake for 20 mins, until puffed up and golden. Leave to cool for a few mins, then run a knife around each one and lift them out. Serve hot or cold with salad leaves.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 212(kcal)
- Fat 10.0g
- Saturates 2.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.