Philly mango cheesecake
Skill level: Easy peasy
Who doesn't love a slice of cheesecake? We certainly love this one, made using juicy mango, oaty biscuits and Philadelphia and it's ready in just half an hour - perfect.
- 150g oaty biscuits, crushed
- 40g butter, melted
- 425g can mango slices in light syrup
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 275g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 300g Original Philadelphia
- 150ml double cream, lightly whipped
Don't try to skimp on the fat content! Reduced-fat soft cheese may contain ingredients that stop the cheesecake setting properly
- Stir the biscuit crumbs into the melted butter until coated and press into the base of a 19-20cm loose bottomed cake tin or springform tin.
- Drain the mango slices from their syrup and puree the fruit in a liquidiser or food processor with the lime zest and juice.
- Melt the chocolate by placing it in a basin over gently simmering hot water.
- Whisk the Philadelphia until soft then whisk in the cream and chocolate. Fold about half the mango puree into the Philadelphia cream and spoon over the prepared base.
- Swirl the remaining mango puree on to the surface of the cheesecake to give an attractive pattern.
- Chill for at least three hours before serving to allow the cheesecake to set.