Cranberry and brie tartlets
Prep time:Plus 30 minutes chilling time
Cooking time:First time for 10 minutes, second time for 10-15
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These tasty cranberry and brie tartlets are the perfect weekend treat - serve either on their own or with a leafy green salad for an easy-to-make and tasty meal.
- 225g shortcrust pastry
- Cranberry and port sauce (Tracklements)
- 200g brie cut into ½ inch cubes (with rind left on)
- 30ml milk
- 1 large egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
For a meaty variety add some Parma ham or little bacon bits
- Roll the pastry out until it is 3mm thick and stamp out circles to fit in a tartlet tin and then chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake the pastry cases blind for 10mins at 180oC/350oF/gas mark 4. Remove from oven and put ½ teaspoon of cranberry sauce in each pastry case and cover this with one or two cubes of brie.
- Whisk together the milk, egg, salt and pepper and pour this mixture over the brie and cranberry sauce to fill up each tartlet.
- Cook for approximately 10-15 minutes at 180oC until raised and golden brow.