Pineapple and carrot muffins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Mix grated carrots, pineapple chunks, honey and cinnamon for a delicious, guilt-free afternoon snack - these muffins are less than 200 calories each!
- 227g can pineapple chunks, drained, reserve juice
- 4 x Shredded Wheat
- 150ml (¼ pt) pineapple juice, from carton
- 75g vegetable fat such as Trex
- 165ml clear honey
- 2 eggs
- 200g plain flour
- 2tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- ½tsp salt
- 110g freshly grated carrot
- Heat oven 180°C/350°F/Gas 4
- Combine the reserved pineapple juice, shredded wheat and pineapple juice from the carton and leave to soften.
- Whisk together the Trex and honey until the mixture is very light, then beat in the eggs.
- Sieve the flour, bicarbonate soda, cinnamon and salt and stir into the egg mixture along with the pineapple, Shredded Wheat and grated carrot.
- Spoon into muffin cases and bake for about 25 minutes until cooked.