Total time:(plus firming time)
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 450ml (¾ pint) milk
- 8 gelatine leaves
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 60g (2oz) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150ml (¼ pint) whipped cream
- About 125g (4oz) mixture of raspberries and redcurrants, to serve
- 900ml (1½ pint) jelly mould
Once you've added the egg whites, don't keep whisking the mixture because you want to keep it separate.
- Pour the milk into a large bowl over simmering water, add the gelatine leaves and leave to dissolve.
- Whisk in the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla extract. Take off heat. Leave to cool and thicken, for about 20 mins.
- Whisk the egg whites until firm, then fold them into the custard. Pour into the mould and leave to set until firm.
- Turn jelly out on to a flat plate (dip mould in hot water first). Serve with whipped cream, redcurrants and raspberries.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 148(kcal)
- Fat 7.0g
- Saturates 3.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.