IngredientsFor the dressing
- 5 tbsp good olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar or a mixture of vinegar and lemon juice
- ½ level tsp ready-made mustard
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced into rings
- 2 x 125g rounds of mozzarella (buffalo is best)
- 4-5 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1 ripe avocado pear
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Basil leaves, to garnish
Edam cheese was suggested for this salad in the original recipe but we prefer a creamy mozzarella
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together to make the dressing.
- To make the salad: Rinse onion rings to take out the strong flavour. Arrange them on a platter. Tear the mozzarella and arrange on the platter with the tomato slices. Halve, peel, stone and slice the avocado and tuck slices into the salad.
- Spoon dressing over, season and garnish with basil. Serve with crusty bread.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 255(kcal)
- Fat 23.0g
- Saturates 8.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.