Spicy lamb meat loaf
- 90g (3oz) bread
- 350g (12oz) cold cooked lamb (from roast leg or shoulder)
- 1 leftover roasted onion, chopped (or finely chopped fresh onion)
- 1 leftover roasted garlic (or finely grated fresh garlic)
- 1 eating apple, quartered and cored
- 1 level tbsp curry paste (we used Madras)
- 1 medium egg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chutney (whatever your choice)
- 500g (1lb) loaf tin, buttered and strip-lined with Bakewell paper
Serve warm or cold with salad
- Set the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4. Put the bread in a food processor and blend into coarse breadcrumbs. Tip them out into a bowl.
- Cut the meat into chunks (trimming off fat as you go) and put into the food processor with the onion, garlic, apple quarters and curry paste. Whizz to a coarse texture, then add the egg, breadcrumbs and seasoning and whizz again, just enough to mix. Stir in chutney.
- Pack the mixture into the tin, stand the tin on a baking tray, cover with foil and bake for 30 mins. Take off the foil, then cook loaf for another 10 mins. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 mins. Serve in slices, still warm, or cold, with salad.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 290(kcal)
- Fat 10.0g
- Saturates 4.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.