Roasted courgette rolls
Prep time:(with 40 mins resting time)
Skill level: Bit of effort
This antipasto-style dish was created by Two Greedy Italians stars Antonio Carluccio and Gennaro Contaldo - try it yourself for a simple starter or side dish at your next BBQ
- 2–3 large courgettes
- 100g Gorgonzola, roughly chopped into chunks
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- Finely sliced a bunch of basil leaves
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus extra for oiling
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
Antonio and Gennaro say: 'This dish is ideal to serve at parties with a glass of Prosecco.'
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cut the courgettes lengthways into slices about 5mm thick. Arrange the slices on a plate, sprinkle with salt and leave to rest for 40 minutes, until they have exuded some liquid and are soft.
- Pat the courgette slices dry with a tea towel, place on a lightly oiled baking tray and brush with some of the marinade. Roast the courgettes in the oven for 10–15 minutes, until the edges begin to golden. Turn the courgette slices over, brush with the remaining marinade and cook for a further minute. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Place a few pieces of the Gorgonzola, a couple of slices of sun-dried tomato and a leaf or two of basil at one end of each courgette slice and roll up. Arrange on a serving dish and garnish with basil leaves.