Chicken with artichokes, onions, potatoes and rosemary
Skill level: Easy peasy
This simple recipe from Antonio and Gennaro is perfect for a Sunday family lunch. All you need to do is prepare the ingredients, combine them in one pan and put in the oven - simple!
- about 8 small artichokes, prepared and quartered
- 1.8kg good-quality chicken, cut into chunks
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1kg new potatoes, scrubbed and halved or cut into chunks (depending on size)
- 2 tsp rosemary needles, plus a few sprigs for garnish
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
You can use artichokes preserved in water, not brine, which you find in jars
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Put the chicken pieces, artichokes, onion and potatoes into a large roasting dish. Sprinkle with the rosemary needles, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix well with your hands so that every piece of meat is coated well.
- Put into the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Take out, mix all the ingredients together well (using a spoon this time!) and return to the oven for another 30 minutes, after which the chicken should be cooked through and the potatoes should be tender.
- Serve immediately, finished with a few sprigs of rosemary and accompanied with a simple green salad.