Gennaro Contaldo's chocolate and amaretto pudding
Skill level: Easy peasy
This delicious boozy chocolate pudding, from Two Greedy Italians stars Antonio Carluccio and Gennaro Contaldo, is ready in next to no time and is an easy chocolate dessert to make if you have friends coming over!
- 500ml milk
- 15g plain flour
- 30g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, halved lengthways and seeds removed
- 80ml Amaretto liqueur
- 100g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 50g unsalted butter
- 30g amaretti biscuits, crushed
This dessert can be served either warm or chilled
- Put the milk in a saucepan and warm over a low heat.
- Combine the flour, sugar and vanilla seeds in a medium-sized saucepan, add a little of the milk and whisk to a smooth paste. Add the remainder of the milk and warm over a low heat, whisking all the while to prevent lumps from forming. Stir in the Amaretto liqueur and continue to whisk until the mixture has begun to thicken. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate and butter and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into serving glasses and serve either warm or cold, topped with the crushed amaretti biscuits.