Meatballs with lemon tagliatelle
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 225-250g (7½-8oz) veal, pork or turkey mince
- 1 lemon
- ½ tsp herbes de provence, optional
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 150g (5oz) tagliatelle
- 1 courgette
- Knob of butter
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes, optional
- 2-3 tbs crème fraîche or half-fat crème fraîche
This is healthier if half-fat creme fraiche is used
- Put the mince into a large bowl and grate in zest from half the lemon and add the herbs, if using, and season well. Heat the oil in a pan and add small portions of meat (about 14), roughly clumped together, and cook them over a med heat, without moving them in the pan for 5 mins. Flip them over and cook for another couple of mins, or until browned all over. Tip them out into an ovenproof dish and keep them warm in the oven on a low temperature.
- Meanwhile, add the pasta to a pan of boiling water and cook for 6 mins.
- Cut the ends off the courgette and use a vegetable peeler to pare it into ribbons around the core.
- Heat the butter in the frying pan, add the courgette ribbons, along with the chilli flakes, if using, and sauté for a few minutes until softened.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a little water in the pan, put the pasta back in the pan and mix in the crème fraîche and the rest of the lemon zest and juice, to taste. Stir in the courgette ribbons and meatballs. Serve hot.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 384(kcal)
- Fat 17.0g
- Saturates 8.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.