Mexican-style pork with corn salsa
- 2 fresh, ready-to-cook sweetcorn cobs
- 400g (14oz) pork fillet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, quartered, deseeded and diced
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- Finely grated zest and juice from half of 1 orange
- Handful of coriander leaves
- 4 or 8 flour tortillas, to serve
If you donít want to griddle whole corn, use canned or frozen corn.
- Put the sweetcorn cobs in a bowl with 2 tablespoons water and microwave on High for 4 mins (or cook in boiling water for 6 mins and drain).
- Meanwhile, cut the pork fillet at an angle into 12 even slices. Put the oil on to a large plate, mix in the paprika and add the pork slices and coat them in oil, then add the par-cooked sweetcorn and coat in the paprika-flavoured oil.
- Heat a griddle and cook the sweetcorn cobs for a few minutes, to tinge them brown all over, turning them occasionally. Set aside while cooking the pork.
- Put the pork slices on the griddle, in 2 batches, and cook for about 2 mins on each side.
- Stand a sweetcorn cob on its end on a chopping board and run a sharp knife from top to bottom, going round the core to cut off the kernels. Throw away the core, and repeat with the other cob. Put the kernels in a bowl with the diced tomato, spring onion, orange zest and juice, to taste, along with coriander leaves. Put 3 slices of pork on each plate, and serve with the salsa and warm tortillas.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 386(kcal)
- Fat 11.0g
- Saturates 2.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.