Greek lamb with warm beans
- 8 lamb rack cutlets
- Knob of butter
- 1 large leek, trimmed and finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 150ml (¼ pint) good chicken stock
- 100g (3½oz) fresh green beans, trimmed and chopped into short lengths
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Good handful of basil leaves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Beans and lentils are a healthy side alternative to potatoes, rice and pasta
- To make the marinade: Whisk together 2 tbsp of the oil, the lemon zest and juice, and oregano and season well. Put in a shallow, non-metallic dish with the lamb cutlets, coat them in marinade and leave for as long as you can - from 10 mins to overnight.
- Warm the rest of the oil with the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Sauté the leek and garlic for about 10 mins, until soft but not brown. Add the stock and green beans, and cook for 5 mins, then add the canned beans and warm through for a few mins.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan or griddle over a medium-high heat. Shake the excess marinade off the lamb cutlets and fry them for 3-4 mins on each side, depending on thickness.
- Put the cutlets on 4 warmed plates. Add torn basil leaves to the bean mixture and spoon it on to the plates. Sprinkle with small basil leaves.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 323(kcal)
- Fat 19.0g
- Saturates 6.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.