Garlic, ginger and chilli prawns
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil or sesame oil
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- ½-1 green chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 400g (14oz) raw king prawns
- 100g (3½oz) sugar-snap peas (see tip, right)
- Brown rice (we used a 250g pack of M&S wholegrain rice, microwaved according to pack instructions)
- Lime wedges
- Coriander, to garnish, optional
Blanch the sugar-snap peas for 2 mins in boiling water, then drain and refresh them in cold water to keep the bright green colour
- Heat the oil in a frying pan with the garlic, chilli and ginger, and fry for a minute over a medium heat.
- Add the prawns; leave them to go pink on one side, then flip them and cook until pink all over. Add the blanched sugarsnap peas and heat through.
- Serve with rice, drizzled with the oil from the pan, and lime wedges. Garnish with coriander, if you like.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 196(kcal)
- Fat 4.0g
- Saturates 0.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.