Gluten-free olive bread
- 200g (7oz) gluten-free white bread flour (we used Doves Farm)
- 1 level tsp salt
- 1 tbsp gluten-free baking powder
- 284ml carton buttermilk
- 3 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pitted, green olives, sliced
- 1 tsp freshly chopped rosemary leaves, plus 1 sprig, leaves removed
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 900g (2lb) loaf tin, greased and strip-lined
This bread is delicious with a tomato and avocado salad.
- Set the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4. Put the flour, salt and baking powder into the bowl of an electric mixer. Add the buttermilk, eggs and oil, and mix with a dough hook or the beater, to make a smooth batter.
- Add the olives, chopped rosemary and 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, sprinkle with the rosemary leaves and rest of the Parmesan. Bake for 50 mins, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 175(kcal)
- Fat 7.0g
- Saturates 2.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.