Salmon and pea pasta
Skill level: Easy peasy
This delicious salmon and pea pasta recipe combines flaked salmon, asparagus tips and peas to give you a quick dinner the whole family will love - serve with a side of rocket and some garlic bread to finish it off. This recipe serves 4 people and takes only 25 mins to prepare, cook and have on your dinner table - so they'll be no complaints come dinner time! This easy recipe brings two delicious ingredients together; tender flakes of salmon and tangy, garden peas. You can add more veggies to this dish if you'd like - the choice is yours! A portion of this easy to make dish works out at only 498 calories per serving with only 1.7g of salt.
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 400g farfalle pasta
- 100g asparagus tips, cut into 2cm pieces
- 100g frozen peas
- 3 tbsp salad cream with cucumber and dill
- 100g low-fat natural yogurt
- 150g hot smoked salmon, flaked
- Rocket salad, to serve
Other green vegetables such as courgettes, sugar snap peas and broccoli can be used
- Bring 2 litres of water to the boil, add the stock cubes and the pasta and bring back to the boil. Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions, adding the asparagus and peas 3 minutes before the end, and drain.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl mix salad cream with cucumber and dill with the natural yogurt.
- Stir the drained pasta, asparagus and peas into the salad cream mixture with the hot smoked salmon, season and serve with a rocket salad.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 498(kcal)
- Fat 9.8g
- Saturates 2.0g
- Salt 1.7g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.