- 4 unwaxed lemons, scrubbed
- 100g (3½oz) caster sugar
- 250g (8oz) raspberries, roughly mashed
- Crushed ice, lemon slices, fresh raspberries and lots of mint
Oranges can be used instead of lemons.
- Peel the zest from the lemons, using a swivel-head vegetable peeler. Try not to get any white pith. Squeeze the juice from the lemons. Put the zest, lemon juice and sugar in a heatproof jug.
- Pour in 600ml (1 pint) boiling water and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Add the mashed raspberries. Cover and leave to cool completely.
- Strain the mixture into a serving jug. Dilute with about 300ml (½ pint) chilled water and sweeten with extra sugar, if you like. Add plenty of ice, lemon slices, raspberries and mint.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 57(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.