Scallops with pea puree and courgette ribbons
- 250g (8oz) fresh or frozen peas (petit pois)
- 3 tbsp natural yogurt
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 6-8 mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 large courgette
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 rashers streaky bacon, cut into strips
- 200g (7oz) small queen scallops
For extra zing, add a little lemon juice and zest to the pea puree.
- Cook the peas in a little water for 5-8 mins, until tender. Drain and put them into a tall jug and use a stick blender to purée them. Mix in the and whizz again. Put in a bowl and keep the purée warm.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave the courgette into long ribbons round the core, and plunge the ribbons into a pan of boiling salted water for ½-1 min, then drain them and toss in the oil.
- Heat a wok or frying pan, add the bacon and stir-fry until crispy. Take out of the pan.
- Heat the pan again with the bacon fat in it, add the scallops and sear about 30 seconds on each side, until opaque.
- Spoon the pea purée on to serving plates. Put the scallops on top, with the bacon strips and pile the courgette strips to one side. Garnish with mint sprigs, if you like.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 300(kcal)
- Fat 14.0g
- Saturates 4.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.