Slimming World's speedy vegetable and chicken rice
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Whip up this quick and easy vegetable and chicken rice in just 20 mins. Slimming World's recipe is a healthy lower-fat option, whether you're following the diet or not. You can easily use this recipe to feed your family too and no one will know its Slimming World! It's healthy and filling and you can just as easily swap the rice out for noodles if you would rather. You can either use pack-bought stir-fry vegetables, or you can use your favourite vegetables and simply slice them up nice and thin. Make sure you don't over-cook your veg, it should still have some crunch to it!
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed or grated
- 1 tsp grated root ginger
- 300g pack crunchy stir-fry vegetables
- 425g cold, cooked white long grain rice
- 400g cooked, skinless chicken breast, roughly shredded
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced spring onion slivers, to garnish
This dish is freezer friendly (if chicken not previously frozen)
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan or wok with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium high heat. Add the garlic, ginger and stir-fry vegetables and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to high and stir in the cooked rice and shredded chicken. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until piping hot.
- Add the soy sauce, stir-fry for 30 seconds and then drizzle over the beaten egg. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the egg has scrambled. Remove from the heat and stir in the spring onions. Serve immediately garnished with spring onion slivers.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website