Slimming World's pasta with prawns, chilli and tomatoes
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Dieting doesn't have to mean no pasta - just look at this Slimming World pasta with prawns, chilli and tomatoes - the perfect mid-week dinner when you're trying to be good. This recipe is speedy to make but packed full of flavour - we recommend you use king prawns for an extra treat. Marinated in a delicious chilli and tomato seafood sauce, this linguini is one of our favourite Slimming World recipes. Even the rest of the family will enjoy eating it! We recommend making it all on the night you are going to be eating it for the best taste.
- 400g dried short-shaped pasta
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 long red chillies, deseeded (optional) and diced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g cooked and peeled tiger prawns
- 2 x 70g bags wild rocket
- A crisp salad, to serve
If you’re not a fan of prawns use canned crab meat instead. Simply toss the crab meat with the rocket and serve.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Spray a deep frying pan or wok with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes and red chillies, season well, add the prawns and heat through for a minute or two. Then add the drained pasta.
- Remove from the heat, fold through the rocket and stir to mix well. Serve immediately with a crisp salad if desired.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website