Chocolate custard crumble
Skill level: Bit of effort
Costs: Cheap as chips
If you like tea, you'll love this tea-infused chocolate custard dessert with a quick and easy crunchy custard flavoured crumble on top
IngredientsFor the chocolate custard:
- 260ml whole milk
- 260ml whipping cream
- 80g caster sugar
- 9 tea bags
- 8 egg yolks
- 300g custard powder
- 50g flour
- 220g butter
- 200g caster sugar
The crumble with will keep in an air tight box for up to a week
- For the chocolate custard: Preheat oven to 90°C.
- Bring the milk, cream, half of the sugar and tea bags to the boil. Infuse for a min then strain through a fine sieve.
- Whisk the yolks and second half of sugar together. Pour a little of the cream first onto the eggs, mix well and then add the rest of it.
- Pour the mix into teacups and bake for 30-40 mins or until a slight wobble is left in the centre. Allow to cool slightly then serve with the crumble on top.
- For the custard crumble: Turn oven up to 170°C.
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and rub together to form a crumble texture.
- Sprinkle the mix evenly onto grease-proof paper or a non stick mat on an oven tray and bake for 25-30 mins.
- Allow the crumble to cool and break any large lumps with a rolling pin then sprinkle over the top of the set custard and serve.