Raspberry lemon cheesecake
IngredientsFor the base:
- 250g (8oz) ratafia biscuits
- 75g (2½oz) butter, melted
- 4 sheets leaf gelatine
- 500g (1lb) mascarpone cheese
- 397g can condensed milk
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 250g (8oz) raspberries
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- 20cm (8in) deep, spring-form cake tin, base-lined with baking parchment
You could crush half the raspberries with the icing sugar using a fork, and spoon over the cheesecake.
- Put the ratafia biscuits into a food processor and blend to crush. Pour in the butter and blend again, to combine. Tip into the prepared cake tin and press down to make a smooth base, then chill.
- To make the topping: Put the gelatine into a bowl with 5 tablespoons water and leave for 5 mins, to soften.
- Put the mascarpone into a clean food processor, add the condensed milk and lemon zest and blend until smooth.
- Put the lemon juice into a small jug, sitting in a pan of simmering water. Squeeze out the gelatine and add it to the lemon juice. Stir until it dissolves. Cool for a few mins.
- Turn the food processor on at a low speed, pour in the gelatine and lemon juice and continue blending until combined. Pour the filling over the biscuit base and smooth the top. Chill for a couple of hours.
- To serve: Arrange raspberries over the cheesecake and dust with icing sugar.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 660(kcal)
- Fat 45.0g
- Saturates 28.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.