- Ready made filo pastry (6 sheets — we used Jus-Rol Frozen Filo Pastry)
- 90g (3oz) butter
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, optional
- 150g (5oz) butternut squash, finely diced
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 180g tub of mussels in brine, drained, or a pack of fresh mussels
- 110g jar of cockles, drained
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar or 1 tbsp Thai curry paste
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or coriander
- Large baking sheet, lined with Bakewell paper
To make these piquant, add vinegar and parsley to the filling, or, for a Thai flavour, add curry paste and coriander. You can add fresh or canned baby clams instead of the cockles.
- Mix together all the filling ingredients. Set the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C.
- Lay out 1 sheet of filo pastry at a time. Brush it with butter, and then cut it into 3 long strips. Put a good tbsp of filling at the base of each strip, then fold it up and over in the pastry in a triangle shape, and keep on folding until you get to the top. Put the pasties on the baking sheet and brush with butter. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if using.
- Bake for 30 mins. Serve hot or cold.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 110(kcal)
- Fat 6.0g
- Saturates 3.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.