Roasted summer fruits
Serves: 4 - 6
Cooking time:(approx or until the fruits are soft)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Use up seasonal plums and other summer fruits in this sweet and sticky compote - it's delicious with yogurt as a snack and as a low-fat dessert
- 4 nectarines or peaches, stoned halved or quartered
- 4-6 plums, stoned halved or quartered
- 4 figs
- Cinnamon stick
- Vanilla pod
- 200g caster sugar
- 2tbsp water
- Greek style honey yogurt
Use up any leftovers for breakfast. Roasted fruits taste great on porridge or with muesli and yogurt.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5.
- Take an ovenproof dish and place the fruit in the dish so it's packed tight.
- Add the cinnamon stick, split the vanilla pod slightly down the middle to release the seeds and flavour.
- Sprinkle over the caster sugar and water.
- Roast the fruits in the oven until the fruits are soft, starting to split and you have a delicious sticky sauce formed with the juices.
- Serve whilst still warm with a good spoonful of honey yogurt.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 102(kcal)
- Fat 1.6g
- Saturates 0.9g
- Sugars 19.8g
- Salt 0.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.