Cheese and spinach baked mushrooms
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Make delicious cheesy mushrooms as a vegetarian starter or turn them into a filling main served with brown rice and a side salad
- 30ml/2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 75g basmati rice, cooked
- 150g fresh baby spinach, blanched, drained & chopped
- Pinch nutmeg
- 25g Dolcelatte (or any vegetarian blue cheese), crumbled
- 4 flat mushrooms or portabello mushrooms, stalks trimmed
- Tomato and lettuce for the salad
Serve with a tomato and lettuce salad - we've got a great three tomato salad you could do and just add lettuce to it
- Preheat the oven to 190º C/375º F/Gas Mark 5.
- Heat half the oil in a pan and gently sauté the onion and garlic until golden, then place in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the next four ingredients and mix well together to create the stuffing. Divide into four and fill the mushroom caps.
- Use the remaining oil to grease the base of a roasting tin. Place the mushrooms in the tin and bake in a pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked.