Watercress and salmon pasta
Skill level: Easy peasy
Make this pasta dish quicker by cooking juicy salmon in the microwave then add it to penne pasta, watercress and our easy crème fraiche sauce. It's so easy to make and tastes delicious too - the whole family will love tucking into this recipe. This recipe serves 4 people and will take only 25 mins to prepare and cook. A portion of this dish works out as 643 calories which means its a real treat for dinner. If you want to make this pasta dish extra healthy swap the creme fraiche for lower fat and add heaps full of fresh veggies like the watercress. Spinach, tenderstem broccoli or even avocado would work perfectly!
- 350g/12oz penne pasta
- 4 x 75g salmon fillets
- 1 x 200ml tub crème fraiche
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2tsp pesto sauce
- 1 x 85g bag watercress, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Love pasta? Find 30 more tasty pasta recipes in our gallery.
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water for 8 - 10 mins, or according to pack instructions, until 'al dente'.
- Meanwhile, place the salmon in a frying pan skin side up, add 100ml water and cover. Slowly bring to the boil then simmer for 5 mins or until the salmon is cooked. (Alternatively if you have a microwave, place the salmon skin side up on a heat-proof plate and cook for 4 mins on high. Leave to stand for 2 mins). Remove the skin and flake the flesh.
- Place the crème fraiche in a small pan, add the lemon and pesto and bring to the boil. Simmer uncovered for 5 mins or until reduced slightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta, add the watercress, salmon and creme fraiche. Toss well to mix then divide between four plates. Serve topped with a sprig of watercress if liked.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 643(kcal)
- Fat 30.7g
- Saturates 15.1g
- Salt 0.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.