Baked peach melba with clotted cream
- 4 peaches, halved, and stones removed
- 150ml (¼ pint) dessert wine (we used Browns Orange Muscat Flora)
- 30g (1oz) macaroons, amaretti biscuits, or ratafia biscuits, crushed
- ½tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tbsp runny honey
- 15g (½oz) butter, softened
- 125g (4oz) redcurrants
- 200g pot clotted cream
Whizz the biscuits in a mini-processor and combine with the cinnamon, honey and butter for a speedy way to make the filling.
- Heat the oven to gas mark 6 or 200°C. Arrange the halved peaches, cut-side up, in an ovenproof dish and pour the dessert wine over.
- Mix the crushed biscuits with the cinnamon, honey and butter. Spoon the filling into each peach half.
- Scatter the redcurrants over the top and bake for 15 mins, until the peaches are tender. Serve with dollops of clotted cream.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 460(kcal)
- Fat 36.0g
- Saturates 22.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.