New-potato roast chicken salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Get more from your roast chicken by using the leftovers in this tangy potato and avocado salad, and it will fill you up for lunch or dinner.
- 85g bag watercress
- 500g new potatoes, halved
- 220g ready-cooked roast chicken breast portion, shredded
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2tsp wholegrain mustard
- 3tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bag of mixed salad leaves
- 1 avocado
To make this recipe even easier, buy a ready-cooked roast chicken breast portion from your local supermarket.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Boil the potatoes in a large saucepan of salted water for 10-15 mins until tender.
- Place the chicken on a roasting tray in a pre-heated oven and heat through for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, blend the watercress with the lemon and wholegrain mustard in a food processor. Add the olive oil and season.
- Toss the cooked potatoes and the salad leaves together with the dressing and place in a large serving bowl.
- Slice the avocado and arrange with the chicken on top of the salad. Serve with the watercress and lemon dressing drizzled over.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 325(kcal)
- Fat 18.0g
- Saturates 3.0g
- Salt 0.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.