Prep time:(plus 30 mins marinating time)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Mediterranean vegetables like aubergines and ready-made Bolognese sauce help to make this chicken stew rich and flavoursome.
- 1 x 750g jar Bolognese sauce
- 450g chicken breast or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ the grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium aubergine, halved and sliced
- 2 medium courgettes, trimmed and sliced
- 1 x 450g can of artichokes, drained and halved (optional)
- Warmed pitta bread
- Greek yogurt
- Fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
You could serve this Greek-style chicken on top of rice.
- Place the chicken into a bowl with the lemon zest and juice. Stir well, cover and leave to marinate for 30 mins.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-bottomed pan on a medium heat. Add the onions and aubergine and cook for 3-4 mins. Add the chicken and remaining marinade from the bowl. Add the courgettes and sun-dried tomatoes and Bolognese sauce. Season to taste, cover and simmer on a low-medium heat for 30 mins. Remove the lid and cook for a further 10 mins or until tender.
- Add the artichokes hearts (if using) to the pan and heat for 5 mins.
- Serve hot or cold with pitta bread and yogurt and garnished with fresh parsley.