Annabel Karmel's berry ice lollies
Prep time:Plus 3 hours freezing time
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These delicious berry ice lollies are so easy to make the kids are going to love them. Forget about buying ice lollies from the shops make your own delicious and refreshing ones the kids will love - these contain strawberries, raspberries and orange juice and take just 15 minutes to prepare. This recipe makes 2-4 ice lollies depending on the size of your moulds. The bigger the mould, the less ice lollies you'll be able to make so double the ingredients if you're making for lots of hungry mouths.
- 40g caster sugar
- 60ml water
- 150g strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 130g raspberries
- Juice of 2 medium oranges
You can use any variety of berries to make these lollies - large bags of frozen mixed berries would work well if you wanted a large mixture of fruit
- Boil the sugar and water in a pan. Stir constantly until the sugar has dissolved.
- Puree, then sieve the strawberries and raspberries. Mix with the orange juice and sugary water.
- Pour the mixture into ice lolly moulds. Pop in the sticks and freeze until solid.