Annabel Karmel's traffic light ice lollies
Prep time:Plus 4 and a half hours freezing time
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Annabel Karmel's traffic light ice lollies are so easy to make! Surprise the kids or get them to help you make these fun and tasty traffic light ice lollies - made with three different flavoured layers they take a while to make but they're well worth it. This recipe makes 2-4 ice lollies depending on how big your mould are. It'll take around 30 mins to prepare these ice lollies with a little waiting here and there too. You're going to love these ice lollies once they're done though! A great treat at kids parties in the summer months. Homemade is so much better tha shop-bought.
- 1/2 small watermelon
- 90g caster sugar
- 3 large ripe peaches, peeled
- 5 large ripe kiwi fruit, peeled
- 3tbsp water
You don't have to just do the traffic light colours - you can change the flavours and colour of the layers by altering the fruits such as blackcurrents for a purple layer and lemon for a yellow layer
- For the red layer, remove the melon seeds. Puree the flesh with 30g of the sugar in a blender. Pour into the ice lolly moulds so they are all 1/3 full. Freeze for 1 ½ hours.
- For the yellow layer, blend the peaches with 30g of the sugar. Pour onto the frozen red puree so the moulds are now 2/3 full. Freeze again until solid.
- For the green, blend the kiwi fruit with the water and 30g sugar. Sieve the puree to remove the seeds. Fill the lolly moulds. Add the sticks and freeze.