- 4 unwaxed lemons, well washed
- 150g (5oz) caster sugar
- ¼-½ teaspoon lavender essence (we used Kentish Lavender Essence, for use in ice cream and soft drinks)
- 1200ml water
Freeze lavender flowers and small slices of lemon in the ice for extra effect.
- Take the zest off the lemons in large pieces, using a vegetable peeler and put into a heatproof jug.
- Add the juice from the lemons and the sugar to the jug and pour in 600ml (1 pt) boiling water.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar and leave to cool completely.
- Strain the mixture into another jug. Add the lavender essence and 600ml (1 pt) water, adding more water and ice to taste.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 85(kcal)
- Fat 0.0g
- Saturates 0.0g
- Salt 0.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.